Get Connected Volunteer Mobilization Funding
ServeOhio is requesting proposals for Get Connected Volunteer Mobilization Projects to support the development of volunteer resources in underserved regions of Ohio. Successful applicants will develop a local volunteer engagement portal using the Galaxy Digital platform and engage local nonprofit and community organizations to populate the site with volunteer opportunities. All volunteer opportunities will feed up to the statewide Get Connected volunteer portal.
Funds of up to $25,000 will be awarded to organizations who will launch a local Get Connected Volunteer Connector website, partner with nonprofit, community, and faith-based partners to populate the site with volunteer opportunities, and conduct outreach and marketing in the community to encourage residents to use the site to find volunteer opportunities. Funds to purchase a Galaxy Digital license will be added on top of the total funding request. Preference will be given to organizations that take a regional approach and serve multiple counties. Additional preference will be given to rural areas and regions of Ohio with no current volunteer center resources.
December 14, 2020 – December 31, 2021
Phase 1 (December 14, 2020 – June 30, 2021)
During this initial phase, organizations will develop their Galaxy Digital site and populate the site with agency profiles and volunteer opportunities. Work in this phase will include the following activities:
- Purchase Galaxy Digital license
- Attend all trainings and onboarding meetings from Galaxy Digital on development of the site
- Complete development of the site
- Create training and onboarding materials for local partners
- Develop strategy for rolling out site to nonprofit/community partners and volunteers
- Participate in statewide volunteer engagement advisory council
- Execute rollout plan for onboarding nonprofit/community partners
- Train and assist partners in creating agency profiles and volunteer opportunities
- Outreach to local leaders to promote the site to the general community
Phase 2 (July 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021)
The primary focus of phase 2 is to promote the site in the general community to spread awareness and encourage citizens to use it to find volunteer opportunities. Work in this phase will include the following activities:
- Provide outreach and marketing in the community to encourage community members to use the site to find volunteer opportunities
- Continue training and outreach with nonprofit/community partners and make sure all information and postings are correct.
Organizations will submit two progress reports due on the following dates:
- Progress Report 1 (covering December 14, 2020 – June 30, 2021) – Due July 15, 2021
- Progress Report 2 (covering July 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021) – Due January 15, 2022
The contract will be paid in three installments in conjunction with progress report submission and approval.
- Upfront payment at signing of contract– 60% of total contract
- Phase 1 payment (covering December 14, 2020 – June 30, 2021) – 20% of total contract
- Phase 2 payment (covering July 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021) – 20% of total contract
- RFP Released: November 17, 2020
- RFP Deadline: December 4, 2020
- Notifications Out: December 11, 2020
- Progress Report 1: July 15, 2021
- Progress Report 2: January 15, 2022
ServeOhio hosted a technical assistance session on November 20th. Listen to the call recording here.
Non-profit organizations, public organizations, and local governments in Ohio are eligible to submit an application. The application form must be completed, signed, and submitted via email to email@example.com by December 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
ServeOhio staff and board members will review applications. Reviewers will evaluate applications based on:
- Community need
- Demonstrated ability to bring together community partners
- Use of broad-based community participation and collaboration
- Budgetary compliance
Preference will be given to organizations that take a regional approach and serve multiple counties and/or rural areas with no current volunteer center resources. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions by December 11, 2020.
Please refer questions regarding this RFP to Rebeccah Verhoff-Kiss, Outreach & Education Officer, at Rebeccah.Verhoff-Kiss@serveohio.gov.